Friday, January 18, 2008

a few FO's

Well, I didn't get into the Loopy Ewe sock club. :( So.Totally.Bummed.
But on the bright side, now I'll knit from stash, which is a very good thing.

In the meantime I've knit a few things for Mom-mom's friend at work who just had a baby.
3 washcloths in Cotlin on size 5 needles- very nice and soft. I did the ASL I Love You patten, a paw print and baby feet. Details in my Ravelry notebook. Plus a pair of Black Chucks. Of course!
January gets a bit busy with birthdays and the first is Oma Blu's! (and M4 anniversary- Happy Anniversary!, then Nephew #1's bday and The Mayor's Birthday, see? busy!)
I knit her a pair of Clover Leaf socks (like Mom-mom's) out of Maggi's Aran Merino on size 4's. Love this pattern- so quick!
Anyway, she likes wearing the socks I made her to bed (post chemo feet problems still) so I wanted a heavier pair this time. The really feel nice and look good too!

Next up: Mr Wonderful's Aunt has cancer and will be going through some aggressive treatment including chemo. Please keep her in your prayers. I'll be knitting a few hats for her and maybe a pair of socks if I can get her size. She has requested a felted hat too, so I'll try to get them done quickly
And as I can fit it in- I'm trying to knit a sweater for myself this year! Kartina from Coco knits. I feel good about this sweater. I think it may finally be "The One" (you know, that fits, looks good and that I'll wear) A spinning friend turned me on to the pattern so we're mini-KAL'ing. I've swatched AND washed the swatch, got gauge, so I'm ready. Keep your fingers crossed!

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Charity said...

Whew, swatched and washed the swatch? You must be really serious! :0)

Prayers said for Mr's aunt. Cancer can be scary.

Sorry you didn't get into the Sock club - have you seen the Thrifty Knitters Sock Club (or something like that...) on Ravelry? They put up a couple new patterns each month, and you use your stash sock yarn! Sounds fun. :0)

11:09 AM, January 18, 2008  
Blogger Samantha Caffee said...

I just found your blog tonight and what pretty socks! One of these days I will learn to knit, if I can ever quit crocheting!

11:53 PM, January 19, 2008  
Blogger kathy b said...

Oh my. The cloths are perfet baby gifts. So cute.

I LOVE the sneakers. Great work

2:02 PM, January 20, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home