Friday, February 08, 2008

Yes, there has been knitting

And crocheting!
I made the Fiber Trends Crocheted Felt Hat for Aunt Doris. She is the one going through chemo and asked for a felted hat! Here it is pre-felt. I admit I was a bit nervous about this one. I've felted plenty, but never a crocheted item. (and do you think I would have done a test swatch? nah. Live and craft dangerously) Here it is post felting.... not too shabby! I did give it a bit of a shave, but all in all I proclaim it good.
specs: Fiber Trends Crocheted Felt Hat (see link above)
hook: size K
wool: Lamb's Pride 2 skeins in Periwinkle color and a bit of some Lamb's Pride Blue


On the knitting side, I completed my Lorna's Laces socks! Soooooo nice. This is the yarn I dyed in the class at Loop with Beth Casey (of Lorna's Laces).. back in uummmmm October?

I was looking for a pattern but decided to just knit a plain sock. I was worried I used too many colors on my yarn and it would just look like shmutz
But I think it ended up looking better knit up that in the skein!

specs: Lorna's Laces base yarn, dyed by myself

needles: KP's 1's - 2 circs

pattern: basic sock pattern with cast on of 60 stitches

Now OTN are socks for Aunt Doris, and 2, Yes 2 sweaters for myself! The Coco knits Kararina sweater and Trilce that I'm testing for Cari at Dog Steals yarn.

Oh and I traded Nicole (update you blog girl!) some fiber for a skein of the Noro Sock yarn!- she did not care for it, but I'm really loving the colors! Soon my pretty... socks for me!

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Charity said...

That hat looks awesome! I have never felted anything... yet! One of these days, though. :0)

Love the LL socks, they turned out so pretty. And Katarina is a great sweater, I can't wait to see it!

10:49 AM, February 08, 2008  
Blogger Lovs2Knit said...

The hat turned out great. Now I remember why I haven't tried to felt anything....you have to knit it so huge. :)

Love the colors you picked for your socks.

I've been thinking about getting some Noro sock yarn but keep saying to myself I really do not need more sock yarn.

12:35 PM, February 08, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stupid Blogger ate my comment!

The pre-felted hat is crazy, but felted it looks great!

You did a wonderful job dyeing the sock yarn, very pretty.

12:56 PM, February 08, 2008  
Blogger sUsAn said...

Oh, WOW- that hat is HUGE before felting! Looks wonderful in its felted glory! You've reminded me that I have slipper still waiting to be felted-eek! your socks look great as always! I love LL yarn!

9:09 AM, February 11, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home