Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Hats!

Taking a cue from Noolie, I made a few teeney tiney preemie hats to go to the 4th annual k3tog Preemie Hat Knitting Extravaganza 5 teeny tiny hats- boy did they bring back memories! (maybe more on that later) You can get an idea of their size based on the chair seat and envelope. I used some leftover sock yarn, c/o 40 and 2x2 rib for 3 inches- decreased and pompom. The 2 larger are a baby yarn on 60 stitches, 2x2 rib, decrease and top knot. Anyhoo, they are in the mail!


Then I quickly cast on for the first Chemo hat for Aunt Doris (my fab model Mom-mom pressed into service)- This is the Odessa pattern by Grumperina done on size 4 & 6 circs. I used Karabella Margrite, 80% merino, 20% cashmere and OH BOY is it soft! Plus the pattern is super stretchy so it will fit with hair or without. It really is N.I.C.E.

Saturday my YP Bootie came in the mail-

"Kalamata" 480 yds Superwash Merino. Yum! I really like this colorway and can see socks for me in the near future... muh-haha! I'll be giving up my YP Booty club membership soon and am pretty bummed, but just cannot justify the cost much longer :(

Now I'm just finishing up a Spa Set, unfinished at Christmas and spinning a bit. I did get the jumbo flyer for her and need a bit more practice to get comfortable. yarn pics soon!

Wish me Luck! Tomorrow is The Mayor's 6th Birthday Party #1 (we have 2, one for playgroup another for family friends on the weekend). Its gonna be LOUD.


Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Charity said...

Woo Hoo, have fun at the party! :0)

Did you see the Amanda hat on Noolie's blog? I liked it so much, I cast on for it today!

11:50 PM, January 22, 2008  
Blogger Tala said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JAKE!!!!!


Oh, and that YP yarn? Drooooool!

10:05 AM, January 23, 2008  
Blogger Lovs2Knit said...

Itty bitty hats are so cute!
The YP is gorgeous. Makes me kinda wish I hadn't dropped my subscription.
Good luck on the b-day parties. Hope you keep your sanity. I still have 2 months before I have to have my kiddos. :)

10:18 AM, January 23, 2008  
Blogger sUsAn said...

Happy b-day to your little guy! Best wishes on the parties! Those baby hats are adorable. Your aunt (sorry to hear of her illness!) will be reminded of your care for her whenever she wears that beautiful hat.

1:26 PM, January 23, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

UGH! I'm so far behind on my blog reading; I missed the Mayor's birthday :( Happy be-lated birthday, little guy (oops, guess I should say Big Guy)! I hope the parties were fun.

8:43 PM, January 26, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home