Sunday, June 29, 2008

The Best Birthday Evah.

First, 4 hats from the lovely and talented Veronica. Whee!!!!! Check out those miters! Yesterday was my birthday and it was GREAT! In fact I've had a month of superbusycrazyness with some awesome gifties thrown in...

Lookit Tola gave me... see that yarn? It has REAL SILVER threads spun in- So.Nice. Plus she made me a bunch of magnets (that the Mayor promptly took) and some pressed pennies (not pictured). I'm thinking a Tangled Faries (Ravelry link). Won't that look cool??

Last weekend The Mayor and I went to visit M4 and the Long Island Cats. It is a testament of my love for her that I make that 3+ hr drive of traffic stalls and mentally unhinged NY drivers, nuff said.
Anyway, she gave me a skein of Trekking Pro Natura and a set of Lanter Moon Ebony dpn's. (please note, M4 does not knit. She found a shop and charmed the ladies into helping her) I promptly cast on a sock (to decompress after the drive) and by the next morning was knitting the foot.... then the bad thing happened. I snapped a needle. WTF??? Potty mouth ensued and sock was put in time out. When we got home, I ripped and re-cast on with Knit Picks 1's - 2 circs.
The first sock has been completed (swim lessons this week) but is in the car so pics after sock 2 is toast.

Mail call yesterday brought this lovely package to my door....
Not the spindles, but all those fibers!!! (I couldn't wait and tested a bunch) The Amazing, Beautiful and Talented Noolie sent this package of Birthday Love! With stitch markers by her Fabulous Daughter Samm!

The purple/blue is an angora silk that I did not even pre-draft and look at how thin its spinning...

I can hardly believe it myself!

The red/brown is a center pull bump of Alpaca/Merino (I did not know roving came in center pull bumps)The bright blue is 4oz of merino/tencel, "Blue Hawaii" by Sereknity . I have it in the bowl on the server so I can pet it everytime I pass by (lots).

Other gifts included beads for my Chamilia bracelet from Mr., the Mayor and Mom-mom. Then a trip to Wegman's with lots of goodies (peanut butter pie, cookies and diet coke) and a hot Roast Beast sandwich from Riddle Ale House rounded out the day.

Thanks to everyone for all the calls, email and cards. Its a great way to start off my 41st year.

I asked if I can have a birthday next weekend.....whatdoyouthink? ;)


Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you deserve a birthday next weekend and the weekend after that and the weekend after that and......

Tangled Fairies will be beautiful in that gorgeous yarn!

I'm glad you liked the fiber I sent and just look at you go already! I've never even dreamed of spinning so fine!

5:33 PM, June 29, 2008  
Blogger Marianne said...

Yeah! what Julie said :^)
Happy (belated) Birthday! What a lovely LOVELY whack of birthday goodies, all of it!
I am SO impressed, that's some seriously fine spinning! Gorgeous.

5:36 PM, June 29, 2008  
Blogger Nicole said...

Happy Birthday! Looks like you had a fun time!

5:41 PM, June 29, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wowza! Great celebration all around! What amazing spinning!

6:39 PM, June 29, 2008  
Blogger Charity said...

I'm so glad you were so well taken care of! :0) Sounds like a great birthday.

7:35 PM, June 29, 2008  
Blogger Tola said...

Happy Happy Birthday! im glad you got so much fun swag!

8:34 PM, June 29, 2008  
Blogger Tala said...

I am a RETARD! Seriously, retarded. Can't believe I missed your bday! I'll have to try to make the next knit night so I can bring you some bday goodies.

Sounds like you had a wonderful day - and so many wonderful gifties! MWAH!

9:11 PM, June 29, 2008  
Blogger Sunflowerfairy said...

Mrs. Rabies!! Happy birthday to you!!!

Great stuff you got there....lucky girl. ;)

11:47 AM, June 30, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home