Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Tuesday Check In

I finished the Swing Top (Ravlery link) for the little girl I babysit:
She LOVES Gunnar and neither one can keep still
Some outside shots...
I made the 6 yr old size so it fits nicely with room to grow! I used TLC Cotton Plus so her mommy does not have to worry about special washing instructions. I also finished up another hat (basic hat recipe) for the 300 Hat project. Alpaka yarn- sooo yummy!
Check this out!!! Trish sent me a birthday gift!!! A great card, a sweet dishcloth (already in use) and a skein of sock yarn by The Knittery. Its 60% Merino, 20% CASHMERE and 20% nylon hubba hubba! I have it in a potter bowl on the server so I can admire /pet it each time I walk past. She finds the best stuff, really. Just nuts.

Now my next obsession is the Shifting Hues scarf by Ruth. I got the sock yarn in "Forest Floor" but as soon as I saw this pattern, I ordered the BFL too.
I'm a bit further along than this and you can really see how the colors just sweep from side to side. So Freakin' Cool.
And speaking of obsession and birthdays.....
I have been going nuts for Chamilia beads and wanted a bracelet like crazy soooooo....DH "got" (as in paid) for one for me... plus a few beads! LoveLoveLove it. I have the paw, a little boy, friend and seasons (from Oma blu), a claddagh and motherhood. I'm getting a few more too as the actual day comes closer. Fun!
OK, the Mayor has some peeps over to play, so I must go keep an eye out that they do not make another mud puddle.
Stay cool

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy birthday! Great presents! The swing top is cute! Taht scarf is so cool...I'm very tempted....

2:39 PM, June 17, 2008  
Blogger Lovs2Knit said...

Cute swing top! I lurv your new bracelet. I'm off to check out the link since I'm totally addicted to charm like bracelets. :)

9:30 PM, June 17, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What an adorable little dress.

Very nice birthday package; yummy :)

5:34 AM, June 18, 2008  
Blogger Kristy said...

Happy Happy Happy Birthday!! :)

Love the little dress. What a cute girl.

10:18 AM, June 20, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home