Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Oh Look, it must be Tuesday!

Time for the Tuesday check in, yeah me!
First up, another hat for the 300 hat project. This is some Manos that I rescued from a doomed project. I'm happy with how it turned out and have more of the same wool for at least one more hat. Finally some proof my spinning.... 4 oz BFL Spunky Eclectic "Time of the Month- Rage, Chocolate and Tears" I was able to spin even and much more thickly for a bulky (5-7 wpi) at 98 yards. I'm pretty darn pleased with the plying on this yarn (chronic underplyer)
Last week, the Mayor had swim lessons (again) at a new place and thank goodness I was KIP'ing because I met BeanGirl (link to her Rav profile)! It was great having a knitter to chat with while the kids were swimming. Anyway, she made a hat for the project... how cute is this? She is such an awesome knitter, its gonna be fun getting to know her
Here is a progress shot of my Rivendell socks... sorry for the bad pic, the camera seems to be having fits lately. The yarn is SO.NICE. its from Ruth at Knitting on Impulse in "Forest Floor"
I'm just loving the colors and the pattern is great- I'll get a better pic soon

Last up today is more proof of spinning: 4 oz of Columbia/Romney handdyed that I picked up at Woolbearers. I just set the twist, but it looks to be bulky and pretty even. Once its all dry I'll figure the yardage. This was a nice quick spin on the wheel and the purple/green reminds me of the Muppets.

What is up with this camera? Everything is blurry lately. Or is it me?


Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Lovs2Knit said...

The hat & handspun look great. I need to finish the hat I have OTNs so I can get them into the mail. We're waiting for the new indoor pool to open up here on base before getting the kiddo into swim lessons. KIPing is awesomem, you never know who you're going to meet.

10:32 AM, July 15, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your spinning looks FANTASTIC! I'm going to have to see about some of that Spunky "Time of the Month" fiber; I've been seeing it spring on a bunch of blogs and I'm in love with it (I hope its not a club fiber)!

Great hat (and a handsome model).

How great to meet a knitter at swim lessons; now you'll look forward to going.

11:45 AM, July 15, 2008  
Blogger Charity said...

The spinning looks amazing! I can't wait until I have time to get back to my spinning. Every time I start to make progress, I have to take a break and forget everything. :0) Nice hat, too! I have a couple of hats in the queue for Kristy...

11:57 AM, July 15, 2008  
Blogger Tola said...

you just bought that roving on saturday! the yarn looks wonderful.

1:57 PM, July 15, 2008  
Blogger Tala said...

Ooooh, Rivendell! I'm dying to knit Rivendell! Once I finish Ella's blanket, and the baby's argyle vest, and the Noro socks, and the baby's crocheted blanket (which is SO much better in the bigger hook!) and, and, and...I'm not even going to touch the Tangled Yoke Cardi or the Hemlock Ring Blanket...

Speaking of socks, do you mind asking your blog readers (since I apparently have misplaced my blog!) if any of them have sock yarn scraps in "boy" colors they can spare? I want to knit a bunch of baby socks, but don't have much in the way of "boy" colors! Thanks!

3:11 PM, July 16, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow looks like you've been busy! Love the projects - they look great!

8:08 AM, July 19, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home